Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Renew Your Listings

RENEW YOUR LISTINGS!

First of all, what does that mean?
-If something hasn't sold and it gets pushed a page or a few back, renewing it brings it back to the front page. 
It's the button at the top of the screen that says "renew" when you click on one of your listings. 

To renew a listing on etsy will cost you the same amount as listing a new item: 20 cents. 

So why renew a listing?
Renewing your listing is like refreshing your shop. It brings more attention to your shop almost the same way adding a new item does. It starts showing up more on people's "activity feeds" and just generally activates your shop. 



It is especially important when you haven't had any new arrivals for a while. It keeps your shop active and on the market. New shoppers won't know that those items are not new, and old shoppers will be reminded that you've got that thing they want. 

For example: I have two online shops and one of them is just a side project and I occasionally forget to renew listings for a while. In the time I do not renew listings my sales can go as low as none at all. The second I start renewing those listings the activity picks up and sales start to roll soon after. 

How often should I renew listings?
Every day.

Okay, but how many should I renew a day?
So this question is somewhat up to you. If you have over 100 items, anywhere between 3-10 items a day is probably a good answer to keep your activity alive and remind shoppers of your other listings. 

If you have under 100 items, even renewing just 1-3 listings a day at a strategic time will still keep your shop active.

When should I renew my items?
 Remember those statistics we talked about a few posts ago? Well, what ever times you think are best for posting new listings are also a good time to renew old listings!

(refer to links:

Should I renew listings even if I have new listings?
This is up to you, sometimes I will list a few new items and also renew a few that look good with the new ones. As long as you have activity, whether that be a new listing or renewing an old one, it will keep your shop active to shoppers. 

*I notice a big difference in my activity feed if I renew listings every day. I also believe that it is what keeps my sale more or less steady. You can do an experiment and renew listings in the morning one day and see how much activity you get, and then don't renew any listings the next day and see what your activity feed is like. You'll be surprised how different it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment