Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Paid Ads

Now, paid ads are not for everyone but it is definitely something to start thinking about. After the research that I've been able to do it seems that one of the most productive paid advertisements are through Facebook. Google ads can also be productive if you have your own website. Just remember that websites like Etsy, Ebay, Shopify already help you with google search optimization so it can be counter productive to put more ads out there. Especially if you are on a tight budget.

So let's talk about Facebook ads and what you should know before you start! 

The great thing is that you can set a daily budget, you can start and stop at any time, and you can "boost" specific posts for a set budget. The last one is especially helpful during sales! 

Another thing to think about is that you can target your ads! You can target to age, sex(male/female), and location. To find out this information, maybe it's good to find out where your customers are from! How I found out: I went through all of my sold orders and wrote down what country each order is from. From there I discovered the USA was most popular and went through again and found out where in the USA is most popular. This information may be very different for you but that is why it's important for you to do this yourself and find out this information. It will help make your money go further!

My experiment with facebook ads gave me 697 new likes in just one month. I also started by spending $5 a day and then brought it down to $3.50 after two weeks. I have now been noticing an increase in activity on the things I post on my Facebook Page and I had my best month in sales which may be related. 

So I want you to gather the statistics I mentioned above and the next post will be the how to use Facebook ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment