Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tips and Tricks

Since the last time I posted I’ve been able to reach a point of steady sales which I began to discover was largely influenced by a few factors:

Number 1: Instagram!



I never realized just how important this app could be until I started getting direct sales from it. The last informative post I did was about Instagram but as I’m realizing, there isn’t enough information in that post and plan to elaborate in the next one. Most importantly, think of your Instagram as another online shop so don’t post bad photos. Still think of it as somewhere to post well-composed inventory shots as well as life photos. But remember, when I say “life photos” it still has to pertain to your business and be related to what you are selling. For example: if you sell handmade jewelry, feel free to post a picture of a friend wearing it, or a photo of your studio, or even a photo of you working on your next piece. I will go into this in further detail in the following post as well as including some leads to free photo editing apps!

Number 2: Building a Community!



 This is something I’ve been building through instagram personally but can be done through blogs, forums, or in person through markets, and networking. It’s always useful and fun to communicate with others who are into your world anyways so why not? For me it’s the vintage world where we talk about vintage clothing and history as well as learn new things from each other. This can benefit our businesses or personal knowledge whether it's running a shop or maintaining a blog! For some of you it will be the art world, the fashion world, or maybe something else all together but it’s good to find like-minded people with the same interests to communicate with. 

Number 3: Have a Policy Page!



 Some of the issues I’ve had to deal with recently pertain to not making my policies clear enough. I will do a full post about Policy Pages and what they should include but you should know to at least have a policy page and it should include: payment methods, shipping, returns, exchanges, as well as other things like layaway and reserve policies.




Number 4: Don't panic over slow sales!



 One of the things I can personally find myself struggling with is either panicking or feeling like a failure when sales slow down. But I’ll tell you right now, it’s not worth beating yourself up over! Take that emotion and turn it into drive by putting it towards new goals and working harder! In this economy you have to expect slow months! It is not always your fault if things are not selling so don’t be hard on yourself. I will also go into this further as a separate post and go more in depth about how to turn wanting to give up into working even harder! 


***all images are from google and are not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment